Friday, March 24, 2017

Life Feels Like An "Apocalypse Now"

There comes a point when you're up all night when you're not even tired, you're just completely delirious and you feel more awake then ever. It's currently 4:47 AM on the Friday the vlog is due and I'm currently in that state of mind. I wish I would've chosen procrastination as my topic to pursue for this project 'cause I would've absolutely aced this thing. This blog post can act as a checkpoint/cumulative summary so far for those who haven't been keeping up with my blog, which is fine because I haven't been keeping up with yours either (sorry but it's the truth). So...it would be my greatest honor to courtly invite your fine selves (except for the freshmen, none of you are fine, y'all are all inferior) to hopefully have a few chuckles by watching my 2 A.M. vlog. By the way, I was joking about freshmen being inferior. You guys are awesome human beings and there is a reason you're in Gifted. Never forget that. Okay, enough with this deep and emotional shih tzu let's get onto the vlog.


 

Believe me, if there were no time constraints, I think I could’ve spent about 3 hours ranting. But, as you guys know, we only had 4 minutes and we actually had to, like, you know, like, talk about stuff. What a bummer…
Even though my cinematography is not Oscar-worthy and I just winged a single, 4-minute take, I think I vouch for the many Gifted students struggling with this project on top of their already gargantuan workload.
But in relation to the actual project, in 7 weeks I have gotten two posters done, and with two weeks left, I have to do two posters and prepare for the TED Talk. My work ethic doesn’t necessarily make sense, but I’ll get it done nonetheless (hopefully).

Well, thank you guys and gals, and a special thank you to Licata for keeping up with my blog about my slow and painful death and my weekly updates about my gradually deteriorating mind, body, and soul.

Movie Recommendation #8:
Title: Apocalypse Now
Director: Francis Ford Coppola
Starring: Martin Sheen | Marlon Brando
Date Released: August 15th, 1979

2 comments:

  1. I love the tone of this video. It was hilarious! I like how you spoke the 100% truth about this project, and about just everything. It was very well done and was entertaining to watch. Everything sounds like it is going...well. I am excited to hear how everything goes when its all done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Matt. It's been a lot of fun to keep up with your project and to share in your misery as a fellow Honors Pre-Calc student. The casual tone of your vlog felt like a genuine conversation with you which was a really cool insight to your project. I was wondering, if you had to do another painting, what movie would it be for?

    ReplyDelete